The Thom Brown Spring/Summer 2021 is a mystery but this teaser video gives the audience a subtle hint as to which direction the designer chose to go for next year. For the sneak peek, the brand partners with Moses Sumney who has enjoyed much success for his music that is embellished by his artistic visual expression and mannerisms. Sumney is seen in "a straight floor-length white wrap skirt with a red, white and blue silk stain intarsia stripe."
The Thom Brown Spring/Summer 2021 seeks to strike a balance between the notions of masculine and feminine energies in sport. In particular, the designer references the 1924 and 1936 Olympics which becomes evident as in the video, Sumney belches the Olympic Hymn.
Image Credit: YouTube @ThomBrowne
The Thom Brown Spring/Summer 2021 Capsule Features Moses Sumney
1. Musician-fronted Fashion Campaigns - Fashion brands partnering with musicians to promote their collections could disrupt traditional fashion marketing strategies.
2. Gender-neutral Sportswear - The balance between masculine and feminine energies in sportswear could create opportunities for brands to disrupt the gender binary in fashion.
3. Visual Storytelling in Fashion Promotions - The use of artistic visual expressions and mannerisms in fashion campaigns, as demonstrated by Moses Sumney, could inspire brands to create more visually compelling promotions.
1. Fashion - Fashion industry players could benefit from partnering with musicians or incorporating artistic visual expressions to differentiate themselves in a crowded market.
2. Sports - Sports industry players could consider exploring gender-neutral designs in sportswear to cater to a more diverse customer base.
3. Music - Musicians could leverage their creativity and visual expression to venture into collaborations with fashion brands and expand their outreach beyond the music industry.