The Orange ‘Power Welly’ is a boot designed to charge phones on the go. The boots are capable of converting the heat from your feet into an electric current, so the hotter your feet get, the most energy you produce.
The Orange Power Welly contains a power-generating sole with thermoelectric modules constructed of semiconductor materials that form thermocouples. These are laid between two thin ceramic wafers and the top side of the boot receives the heat while the bottom receives coldness from the ground to generate electricity.
The Orange Power Welly Uses Feet Heat to Charge Your Phone
1. Thermoelectric Wearables - The trend of developing wearable devices that can generate electricity from body heat or motion, turning it into an infinite power source.
2. Energy Harvesting Footwear - The focused trend of developing footwear that can generate electricity by converting body heat or movement into electrical energy.
3. Self-sustaining Wearable Tech - The trend of creating innovative wearable tech that can generate its own energy, reducing the dependency on external power sources.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can incorporate energy-harvesting technology into clothing and accessories, providing a new market of self-powered wearable tech products.
2. Outdoor Gear - The outdoor gear industry can integrate energy-harvesting technology into shoes, backpacks, and jackets to provide self-sustaining energy to power devices during outdoor activities.
3. Smartphone Accessories - The smartphone accessory industry can develop energy-generating cases and chargers that rely on thermoelectric technology, allowing for a new frontier in charging options.