A monotonous office job may seem like a boring setting for a video game but The Office Quest found a way to create an entertaining experience out of the painful process of working a dead-end job. Developed by 11Sheep, this indie title tasks players with helping the protagonist break out of a horrible job.
This bleak setting and story are undercut with a deep sense of humor. Characters are clad in ridiculous monster suits and all the personalities featured in the office are zany or strange in some way. These personalities, while strange, are somehow remarkably authentic and are meant to reflect some of the people players may actually know.
Gameplay in The Office Quest is handled primarily through puzzles and riddles that will challenge players in difficult scenarios involving the protagonist's coworkers.
'The Office Quest' Tasks Players with Leaving a Boring Workplace
1. Office-escaping Games - Developing video games that offer an entertaining escape from monotonous office jobs.
2. Humorous Office Simulations - Creating video games that infuse humor into the portrayal of mundane office environments.
3. Puzzle-based Workplace Adventures - Designing games that challenge players with solving intricate puzzles within the context of an office setting.
1. Video Game Development - Opportunity for game developers to create innovative titles that tap into the desire for office-based escapism.
2. Employee Training and Development - Potential for using humorous office simulations as a training tool to engage employees in a lighthearted manner.
3. Team Building and Corporate Events - Opportunity to incorporate puzzle-based workplace adventures as team-building exercises during corporate events.