Michelle Obama made a big splash with her fashions when she appeared on the view and Jay Leno. Although her fashion choices seemed to fizzle on election night, the Obama’s show more flair than any other White House occupants since the Kennedy’s 45 years ago.
Barack Obama loves his custom tailored HartMarx suits, specifically the Gold Trumpeter wool models which are union-made in the U.S.A.
Obama loves to snack, but tries to make it healthy, eating Planter’s Trail Mix. For sweets, Michelle and Barack go more upscale, preferring a specialty treat from Seattle: Fran’s Chocolates. Obama loves Smoked Sea Salt Caramel in Milk Chocolate while Michelle Obama looks for the dark chocolates.
Barack also loves his Black Forest Berry Honest Tea and, as he confessed on Ellen, he chews Nicorette gum to help his smoking habit.
The wheels that get the Obama’s around are a Ford Escape hybrid.
It will be fun to watch the new first family and their consumption habits when they move to the White House, and neat to see what types of pop culture trends they spark.
Marketers Hope Public Will Say "Yes We Can"
1. Sustainable Fashion - The Obama's flair for fashion presents an opportunity for sustainable and ethical fashion brands.
2. Healthy Snacking - Obama's choice of healthy snacks and Michelle's preference for dark chocolates present an opportunity for healthy snack and organic chocolate brands.
3. Alternative Nicotine Products - Obama's use of Nicorette gum presents an opportunity for alternative nicotine products and smoking cessation brands.
1. Fashion - Obama's fashion choices present an opportunity for ethical and sustainable fashion brands to market to consumers.
2. Food & Beverage - The Obama's snacking preferences present an opportunity for healthy snack and organic chocolate brands to market to consumers.
3. Healthcare - Obama's use of Nicorette gum presents an opportunity for alternative nicotine and smoking cessation brands to market to consumers.