The 'Mantis' chair has been designed by Troy Smith as a seating solution that highlights an insect-like form to convey a creature like design that's also highly functional.
The chair is achieved with a series of durable materials including wood and metal, and has a segmented design for legs and arms. This aesthetic drives home an insect-like form that will call to mind the legs of a praying mantis. This also gives the seat an almost robotic form that looks like some of the robot dogs presently on the market.
The 'Mantis' chair is designed in two color schemes including one that's green and gold, and another that's blue and white. These two finishes convey different aesthetics that are either somewhat naturalistic or futuristic.
The 'Mantis' Chair by Troy Smith Has a Robot Creature-Like Form
1. Insect-inspired Furniture - Designing furniture with insect-like forms to create a futuristic aesthetic.
2. Segmented Furniture Design - Creating furniture designs with segmented components for a more visually appealing and functional product.
3. Robot-inspired Furniture Design - Taking inspiration from robotic forms to create furniture with a futuristic feel.
1. Furniture Design - Creating innovative chairs with unique designs to meet the changing decor demands of modern homes.
2. Home Decor - Introducing insect-like furniture to bridge the gap between traditional and modern design preferences.
3. Industrial Design - Using segmented design in furniture design for creating visually appealing and functional products.