The Kuri robot, which was introduced at CES 2017, charmed the world with its softly sculpted form, friendly face, interactive features and remote control abilities. Now, the team behind Kuri has announced several new features, including the bot now boasts a 1080p HD camera, smoother and quieter movements and the ability to recognize pets in its view.
With this new feature, it is noted that Kuri is now able to recognize dogs and cats in its sights, which is an important distinction to make between human and animal movements. On top of this, it is also noted that interactions between Kuri and household pets will create plenty of fun photo opportunities.
In the coming days, Kuri is set to make an appearance at the robot lounge at the Ace Hotel & Swim Club in Palm Springs, California.
The Kuri Robot Now Recognizes When Dogs and Cats are in View
1. Ai-powered Pet Recognition - The Kuri robot's ability to recognize pets opens up opportunities for AI-powered pet care and monitoring solutions.
2. Enhanced Robotic Interactions - The new features of Kuri, including pet recognition and smoother movements, pave the way for more interactive and engaging robot-human interactions.
3. Pet-focused Robotics - The integration of pet recognition technology in Kuri highlights the potential for specialized robotics catering to the needs of pet owners and animal companions.
1. Consumer Electronics - The advancements in Kuri's capabilities demonstrate the potential for integrating pet recognition technology into future consumer electronics products and smart home devices.
2. AI and Robotics - The development of pet recognition robots like Kuri showcases the intersection of AI and robotics, offering disruptive innovation opportunities for the industry.
3. Pet Care and Monitoring - The ability of Kuri to recognize and interact with pets suggests opportunities for creating advanced pet care and monitoring solutions that enhance the well-being of animals.