'The Isle of Human' by Johan Rosenmunthe is a photo set that explores a world in which humans are extinct. Lions sprawl out on docks, flamingos flourish in a factory yard and giraffes wander around shipping containers in this unusual post-apocalyptic series.
We've seen a number of images that explore the possibility of life after humankind. Click through the gallery above to see more images of 'The Isle of Human' by Johan Rosenmunthe, and keep clicking for similar features.
'The Isle of Human' by Johan Rosenmunthe Explores a World Without Humans
1. Life After Humans - The trend of imagining and visualizing a world without humans, creating space for exploring the impact of humanity's absence.
2. Post-apocalyptic Wildlife - The trend of showcasing animals thriving in urban and industrial landscapes, highlighting nature's resilience in the face of human extinction.
3. Unexpected Ecological Adaptations - The trend of depicting animals adapting to new environments and taking over human-made spaces, emphasizing their ability to survive and thrive in unexpected places.
1. Photography - The industry can explore new avenues of creativity by capturing and showcasing unique perspectives of nature and animals in post-apocalyptic settings.
2. Visual Arts - Artists can experiment with illustrating the coexistence of animals and urban settings, offering thought-provoking reflections on the relationship between humans and the natural world.
3. Entertainment - Filmmakers and writers can develop compelling narratives and stories based on the premise of a world without humans, creating engaging and imaginative content for audiences.