If you are a tourist exploring a rainy city, The Guide umbrella might be a cool alternative to GPS devices to show your around and keep you dry (or away from the scorching sun) at the same time.
The creative umbrella design serves as a guide of sorts with a map of the city with highlighted cafes, restaurants and hot spots printed on the outside of the umbrella.
This particular design by Cansu Cender features a map of Istanbul, Turkey, but it can be easily adopted to any area and sold at tourism shops and bookstores in these places.
'The Guide' Shows Tourists the Way
1. City Guide Umbrellas - Developing umbrellas with printed maps of cities to provide tourists with an innovative way to navigate and explore urban areas.
2. Multifunctional Umbrellas - Creating umbrellas that serve multiple purposes, such as providing shade from the sun while also functioning as a map or guide for tourists.
3. Tourist-focused Innovations - Implementing innovative designs and technologies specifically targeting the needs and preferences of tourists, such as umbrellas with built-in maps or GPS systems.
1. Tourism - The tourism industry can capitalize on the demand for unique and practical tourist products like city guide umbrellas.
2. Retail - Retailers can benefit from selling multifunctional umbrellas that cater to the needs of tourists and offer added value.
3. Design and Manufacturing - Designers and manufacturers can explore the potential of creating tourist-focused innovations, such as umbrellas with integrated tech or customized city maps.