TechSilver launched the GranPad in order to help seniors stay technologically connected with their family members. The GranPad is a tablet that was specifically designed for seniors, and features user-friendly software. TechSilver launched the product in the United Kingdom and Ireland, and it is priced at £329.95, and a monthly subscription will need to accompany the device that costs £29.95.
The tablet includes apps that are customized for seniors, as well as icons that are large and labeled. Support is also included where users can request assistance through a button on the device. The GranPad also features an 'auto-answer' function, where family members can automatically get through to the owner.
Miles Waghorn, the CEO of TechSilver, notes that isolation can be damaging to seniors and technological integration can help alleviate feelings of loneliness.
Image Credit: GrandPad
TechSilver Made the GranPad for Family to Communicate with Seniors
1. Senior-friendly Tech Products - Developing tech products specifically designed to cater to the needs of elderly users, like the GranPad, can provide new business opportunities to reach an often overlooked market segment.
2. Simplified User Interface Design - Simplifying app and software design to be more user-friendly for older consumers can create disruption in industries such as healthcare and entertainment technologies.
3. Assistive Technology Integration - Incorporating features to assist seniors, such as support options or auto-answer functions, in technology products can offer new business opportunities in industries like home care and personal assistance devices.
1. Technology Industry - A focus on developing tech products for seniors and their unique needs is a promising opportunity for companies looking to expand their reach and cater to a new market segment.
2. Healthcare Industry - Senior-focused tech products can also disrupt the healthcare industry by offering new ways to provide remote care and monitor patient health more efficiently.
3. Personal Care Industry - The incorporation of assistive features in technology products opens up new opportunities for personal care devices and home care services for seniors.