Because there is only so much that photos or videos can convey, the future of travel may be more reliant on experiences in virtual reality.
Expedia currently developing virtual reality listings, which will make it possible for those with access to a VR headset at home to get a better sense of what a hotel room, or even a cruise ship, will look like when one embarks on a real-life excursion. The implementation of this kind of virtual reality technology for travel has the potential to change the way people go about making bookings, as they will be given a better sense of exactly the environment and features that they will be paying for.
In a recent demo, Expedia showed that viewers were also able to interact with their surroundings in virtual reality, such as opening sliding doors and stepping out onto a balcony.
Expedia is Envisioning the Future of Travel with Virtual Reality Listings
1. Virtual Reality Listings - Creating virtual reality listings of hotels and cruises has the potential to revolutionize the way people make travel bookings.
2. Interactive Virtual Reality Travel - Allowing users to interact with their surroundings in virtual reality can enhance the travel booking experience, leading to new opportunities for innovation.
3. Vr-enabled Travel Planning - Offering VR-enabled travel planning can create new revenue streams and provide a unique value proposition for travel companies.
1. Travel and Tourism - The use of virtual reality in travel and tourism presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for travel companies to enhance the booking experience and explore new revenue streams.
2. Virtual Reality Technology - The development of virtual reality technology for travel provides a new market for VR companies to expand and innovate.
3. Online Booking Platforms - The integration of virtual reality listings into online booking platforms presents an opportunity for innovation in the online booking industry and an enhanced user experience for customers.