To say the very least, the Freak by Solve Sundsbo makes up a truly startling series of images. The bizarre back and white photographs can be found in the VMAN #23, and explore the uncomfortable fringe of punk fashion in a way that remains cleanly composed and crisply captured.
The edgy styling is the work of Beat Bolliger who mixed classic garments like suit jackets, tuxedo pants and pressed white work shirts with velvety capes, studded corsets and heavily stitched leather apparel. James Pecis is responsible for the slicked, spiky and long stranded hairstyles while Ayami Nishimura tied all elements in neatly with careful grooming. The most arresting and unusual part of the Freak by Solve Sundsbo is the conical metal pins that protrude from Jacob Coupe's skin.
The Freak by Solve Sundsbo Makes a Point of Punk Style
1. Edgy Styling - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new fashion accessories that combine classic garments with unconventional materials.
2. Unusual Hair Styles - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create innovative hair products or styling techniques that incorporate spiky or long stranded hairstyles.
3. Metal Pins as Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design jewelry or accessories that feature unique and unconventional elements, such as conical metal pins.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore alternative materials and incorporate unconventional elements in clothing design.
2. Haircare - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new hair products and tools that allow for creative and avant-garde hairstyles.
3. Jewelry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Experiment with unconventional materials and design concepts to create unique and eye-catching jewelry pieces.