The Farmer's House by AR Design Studio is a massive and completely self-sustainable, luxury home on the English countryside. Located on a private estate in the western part of South Downs National Park, this house mixes traditional farming style designs with new upscale architecture. The project started as an expansion on an old farm house on the property, making a large extension to create the look of a brand new home. By embracing the traditional geometry, the design team created an instant classic in the architecture world.
AR Design Studio decided to use locally sourced, man-made materials such as the linear timber on the exterior, this house stays true to it's agricultural roots with a new contemporary yet rural look. With a large pool and artistically landscaped gardens, the Farmer's House offers a living style that brings the interior into nature.
Image Credit: AR Design Studio, Architizer
The Farmer's House by AR Design Studio has High End Finishes
1. Self-sustainable Luxury Homes - The demand for self-sustainable luxury homes is rising, presenting an opportunity for builders to incorporate eco-friendly features and technologies.
2. Traditional Farmhouse Revival - There is a growing trend of blending traditional farmhouse designs with modern upscale architecture, creating a new aesthetic in rural dwellings.
3. Locally Sourced Materials - Using locally sourced materials in construction projects is gaining popularity, providing an opportunity for businesses to support local economies and reduce environmental impact.
1. Construction - The construction industry can leverage the trend of self-sustainable luxury homes by adopting green building practices and innovative technologies.
2. Architecture - Architects and designers can capitalize on the trend of blending traditional farmhouse designs with modern upscale architecture, offering clients unique and visually appealing living spaces.
3. Eco-friendly Materials - The demand for locally sourced materials in construction projects creates opportunities for businesses in the sustainable materials industry to provide eco-friendly building solutions.