The DNA project aims to change the way we consume and participate in the act of listening to music—rather than receiving a digital album download, on the DNA Website, listeners will be able to pick apart each track in an interactive online experience to get a better sense of the creative process that went into the making of each song.
The project by Jonathan Dagan, who also goes by the name j.viewz, also serves as a way for fans to co-create directly with the artist, through a platform where they can upload or download song samples to be used in future creative work of your own, or by j.viewz. The unique 'DNA Website' was designed by Hello Monday, known for its pervious work with NASA and Google. Funding for the experimental DNA Project is now happening on Kickstarter, aiming to raise $60,000 to develop the site and produce the album.
'The DNA Project' by j.viewz Brings Fans into the Creative Process
1. Interactive Music Consumption - The DNA Project by j.viewz is changing the way people consume music by allowing listeners to pick apart each track in an interactive online experience to better understand the creative process.
2. Collaborative Music Creation - The DNA Project is disrupting the traditional artist-fan relationship by providing a platform for fans to co-create directly with the artist through uploading or downloading song samples for use in future creative work.
3. Crowdfunding for Innovative Music Projects - The DNA Project's funding on Kickstarter highlights the trend of using crowdfunding platforms to finance experimental music projects and push the boundaries of traditional album releases.
1. Music Streaming - Interactive music consumption is an opportunity for music streaming services to differentiate themselves and offer a new experience for their subscribers.
2. Music Production Software - Collaborative music creation is a disruptive innovation opportunity for music production software companies to create platforms that allow for direct collaboration between artists and fans.
3. Crowdfunding Platforms - Crowdfunding for innovative music projects presents an opportunity for crowdfunding platforms to expand their client base beyond traditional startups and small businesses.