The Teletubbies Pride Collection is being launched by WildBrain to help highlight playful inclusivity for Pride Month 2021. The collection includes a range of clothing and accessories that are all themed with the namesake children's show characters and will see a portion of every purchase donated to GLAAD thanks to a new partnership. The styles call to mind a number of 90s-inspired style aesthetics, which no doubt calls to mind the children's show era that was originally launched in 1997.
Chief Brands Officer at WildBrain Michael Riley commented on the new Teletubbies Pride Collection saying, "The Teletubbies have always embraced their own offbeat quirkiness and sense of style. This Pride Month, we're celebrating that 'love who you are' spirit through our Collection of ready-to-rave fashion that makes Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa-Laa, and Po very proud. We've taken the most iconic elements fans know and love about the Teletubbies and designed a playful Collection with fashion flair that we hope fans will love to wear this Pride Month and all year-long."
Image Credit: WildBrain
The Teletubbies Pride Collection is Arriving for Pride Month
1. Inclusive Kids Show Collections - The trend of creating inclusive merchandise based on iconic kids' shows presents opportunities for companies to engage with and better serve the LGBTQ+ community.
2. 90s-inspired Fashion - The trend of 90s-inspired fashion, as seen in the Teletubbies Pride Collection, presents opportunities for businesses in the fashion industry to tap into nostalgia and appeal to consumers looking for playful, colorful styles.
3. Charitable Partnerships - The trend of companies partnering with charitable organizations, as seen in WildBrain's partnership with GLAAD for the Teletubbies Pride Collection, presents opportunities for businesses to not only do good but also improve their public image and engender customer loyalty.
1. Merchandising - Merchandising companies can capitalize on the trend of creating inclusive merchandise based on iconic kids' shows by expanding their product lines to include more diverse and LGBTQ+-friendly designs.
2. Fashion - Fashion companies can seize the trend of 90s-inspired fashion, as seen in the Teletubbies Pride Collection, to boost their sales and attract younger, trendier customers seeking playful, nostalgia-fueled styles.
3. Charitable Organizations - Charitable organizations like GLAAD can benefit from more partnerships like the one with WildBrain for the Teletubbies Pride Collection, which not only raise awareness and funds but also spread a message of inclusion and acceptance.