If the Smart Car is any indication of things to come, Microvehicles might just be the next big thing. One of them, called the TECA, is a concept that is actually aimed at improving the safety of two wheeled travel... How? By putting the rider inside a protective cage.
"The aerodynamic shape should give performance improvements of around 35% and save fuel as well! The structure is a monocoque (ie. the structural frame is on the outside) made from carbon fivre composite and honeycomb It is light in weight and very strong. The outsude structure will protect the occupant during an accident" - TECA TECH
1. Microvehicles - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop and market safe and efficient microvehicles for urban commuting.
2. Protective Cage - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design and produce protective cages for two-wheeled vehicles to improve rider safety.
3. Carbon Fiber Composite - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the use of carbon fiber composites in automotive industry for lightweight and strong vehicle structures.
1. Automotive - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate safety-focused features and materials in vehicle design and manufacturing.
2. Urban Transportation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative solutions for urban mobility, such as microvehicles, to address congestion and environmental concerns.
3. Materials Science - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Advance the development and application of carbon fiber composites in various industries, including automotive, aerospace, and construction.