When the London Design Festival kicked off a few days ago, the world was exposed to the fantasies of The New English design group. Their work, which is called Anatomica, features detailed Victorian anatomical drawings.
Their collection offers saucers, plates and cups. These seem serious at first until one notices the inside and outside graphics on the cups.
This collection is reminiscent of John Derian’s work, complete with skeleton and phrenology graphics on all of the pieces.
Bizarre Tea Sets from 'Anitomica' Will Shock Your Grandma
1. Anatomical Designs - There's an opportunity to introduce anatomical designs into everyday products like tableware.
2. Victorian Art Revival - A Victorian art revival trend can be taken from the Anatomica collection to add gothic design elements into products.
3. Shock Factor Products - Designers can incorporate elements that shock or surprise in products, like the skeleton and phrenology graphics on the Anatomica cups.
1. Home Decor - The Anatomica collection can inspire designers in the home decor industry to incorporate anatomical designs into products like wallpaper, bedding and rugs.
2. Tableware - Tableware manufacturers can adapt the anatomical designs of Anatomica into their products to create unique and interesting pieces that stand out in the market.
3. Fashion and Accessories - Fashion and accessory designers can draw inspiration from Victorian anatomical drawings and phrenology graphics to create unique prints and designs in clothing, shoes, and accessories.