The Taxi in the Sea photo series depicts an otherworldly urbane setting in which scenes blur together to create a montage of moments in one frame. Through the use of multiple exposure and photo editing programs, this effect is entirely manufactured, yet there is an authenticity to the images that is hard to knock. In a way, it captures the feel of what it is like to be a passenger in a car, especially at night. The windows often reflect multiple images at once.
Shot by Taxi driver Issui Enomoto, the Taxi in the Sea photo series takes place in Yokohama, Japan. He writes, "From the moment I get into a taxi as a photographer, every component that can become a subject wraps me up. Like great pressure acts on an object in the deep sea by a physical law, the seawater components put fierce pressure on my five senses."
Taxi in the Sea by Issui Enomoto is Otherworldly
1. Multiple-exposure Photography - Exploring the use of multiple exposures and photo editing programs to create captivating and authentic images.
2. Blurred Scenes Montage - Creating a montage of moments in one frame by blurring scenes together using photography techniques.
3. Authenticity in Manufactured Art - Finding authenticity in art that is entirely manufactured through creative techniques like multiple exposure photography.
1. Photography - Incorporating multiple-exposure techniques and photo editing programs to create unique and visually stunning photographs.
2. Transportation - Exploring the use of photography in the transportation industry to capture the experience of being a passenger in a car through multiple-exposure techniques.
3. Art and Design - Utilizing creative techniques like multiple exposures to blur scenes together and create unique and captivating art pieces.