The IRS recently announced that Americans will now be able to pay their tax bills at 7-Eleven stores. This means that instead of visiting an IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center, Americans can now pop-over to the closest convenience store in order to process their taxes.
As part of the new program, Americans who intend to pay their tax bills in cash can do so at their local 7-Eleven instead of traveling to an IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center. Not only does the new program help to cut down on the lengthy wait times at IRS centers, but it also makes the process more accessible for those who can't take a day off to travel to an IRS facility.
Available at more than 7,000 7-Eleven stores in 34 different states, the new program will help to ease the process of paying taxes for many people in the US.
The IRS Now Allows Americans to Pay Their Tax Bills at 7-Eleven
1. Convenience Store Tax Payments - The trend towards convenience store tax payments will disrupt traditional tax payment processes with the potential to bring additional customers to convenience stores.
2. Cash Payments for Government Services - The trend of allowing cash payments for government services will lead to innovations in cash payment infrastructure and drive demand for this service in other areas of the government.
3. Mobile Payment Accessibility - The trend towards mobile payment accessibility for taxes and government services will increase convenience and access for underserved communities and open new opportunities for mobile payment providers to work with the government.
1. Convenience Stores - The convenience store industry has an opportunity to expand their services and customer base by offering tax payment services as part of their service portfolio.
2. Cash Payment Processing - The cash payment processing industry has the opportunity to create new solutions and infrastructure to facilitate cash payments for government services, opening a new market segment for their services.
3. Mobile Payments - The mobile payments industry has the opportunity to partner with the government to offer mobile payment solutions for taxes and government services, providing increased convenience and access for customers.