Barbie's latest reinvention sees her covered in tattoos. The new â€œTotally Stylin' Tattoos Barbieâ€ lets kids stamp designs on themselves.
The tattoos for children are temporary and wash off. With 'Fashion Artist Barbie,' you can customize fashions with tattoo stamps and apply tattoos on yourself.
Predictably, this new iteration of Barbie has parents cheesed off. However, Mattel is sticking by their decision to produce the doll, saying that it allows girls to express themselves and be creative, according to Sky News.
Implications - "Totally Stylin' Tattoos Barbie" lets kids stamp Barbie tattoos onto themselves. So parents are against the message that the new Barbie is sending out to their kids; young kids should not be wearing revealing clothing is the thinking.
"Totally Stylin' Tattoos Barbie" Lets Girls Play With Temporary Tattoos
1. Temporary Tattoos for Children - A trend towards temporary tattoos for children can be identified as a less permanent and less controversial opportunity for self-expression and individuality.
2. Customizable Dolls and Accessories - A trend towards customizable dolls and accessories can be identified as an innovative way to let customers have control over their products and express their individuality.
3. Controversial Toy Products - A trend towards controversial toy products can be identified as a way for manufacturers to create buzz and drive sales, but must carefully balance social responsibility with innovation.
1. Toy Industry - The toy industry can benefit from offering innovative and customizable products that are tailored to current consumer demands.
2. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can benefit from developing innovative and temporary tattoo products that appeal to young consumers as a form of self-expression.
3. Beauty Industry - The beauty industry can benefit from developing safe and washable temporary tattoo products that appeal to young consumers as a form of self-expression.