Tara Donavan demonstrates how a simply object like the plastic cup can be transformed into a spectacular sight that will take breaths away. Left completely untouched, Tara Donavan simply piled the quintessential plastic cup with its brothers to create a snowy landscape that will have people shivering just looking at it.
Born in New York City and based in Brooklyn, Tara Donavan is known for working with atypical materials such as Scotch tape, styrofoam cups and drinking straws. Attracted to the color white, her art installations often yield a clean aesthetic that is at once inviting and surreal with a nature-inspired element that is beautiful to behold. Tara Donavan reveals, "It is not like I’m trying to simulate nature. It’s more of a mimicking of the way of nature, the way things actually grow.”
Tara Donavan Creates a Surreal Landscape Out of a Common Object
1. Sustainable Art Installations - Artists and designers are transforming everyday waste into stunning pieces through unconventional means, opening opportunities for companies to create sustainable products and eco-friendly technologies.
2. Nature-inspired Aesthetics - Artists are increasingly integrating natural elements into their work resulting in a growing demand for sustainable products made with natural materials.
3. Minimalist Design - The rise of minimalist art installations has opened a new market for companies to create products with simple, yet functional designs.
1. Art - Art companies can create more sustainable products and installations by identifying and utilizing waste materials in their designs.
2. Design - Design companies and manufacturers can create more nature-inspired and sustainable products by using natural and eco-friendly materials in their production process.
3. Environmental Technology - Companies can develop technologies and systems to recycle and repurpose waste materials into beautiful and sustainable products and installations.