With the aim of making the act of "“buying cars as easy as buying a can of Coke," Alibaba's Tmall created the Super Test-Drive.
The ecommerce giant has plans to open cat-shaped car vending machines in China that will make it possible for potential buyers to see, test drive and purchase a vehicle as part of a simplified experience. With the Mobile Taobao application, users are able to scan any car on the street and then locate the desired model in-app. From there, they are able to instantly schedule a test drive. To purchase a car from the machines, a consumer is required to be an accredited Alibaba Super Member and have a score of over 700 with China’s Zhima Credit system.
Others like the Carvana dealership and Singapore's Autobahn Motors have also experimented with vehicle vending machine concepts as smart storage solutions, as well as a fun means of engaging consumers.
Tmall's Super Test-Drive Involves a Car-Dispensing Machine
1. Car Vending Machines - Companies can create unique car vending machines as a simplified way for consumers to test drive and purchase vehicles.
2. In-app Car Purchases - Automobile dealers can innovate by allowing consumers to purchase cars from their mobile devices with as few steps as possible.
3. Smart Storage Solutions - Vehicle vending machines can be a disruptive innovation for smart storage solutions and provide a fun consumer experience.
1. Automobile Sales - Innovative car vending machines can be a disruptive addition to traditional automobile sales.
2. Mobile Applications - Mobile applications can provide innovative ways for consumers to purchase cars from their devices.
3. Retail and Consumer Goods - Vehicle vending machines provide an innovative way for retailers to engage with consumers and build a unique brand experience.