In partnership with skin cancer charity Skcin, home improvement retailer Wickes created special sunscreen packages just for construction workers, who are known to spend a lot of time outdoors and exposed to the sun's powerful and potentially harmful rays.
The Tradesman's Suncream was developed and marketed specifically for construction workers in packages that resemble small-scale paint cans. The shades offered include: Brickle’s Bronze, Plasterer’s Pink and Apprentice White. These paint pot-like sunscreen packages are paired with tips on how the product should be applied for best results, as well as other resources where additional information about the importance for caring for one's skin in the sun may be found.
In-store, Wickes provides sunscreen to construction workers for free.
Wickes' Sunscreen Packaging Targets Construction Workers
1. Personalized Sun Protection - Develop sunscreen packages tailored to specific professions for targeted sun protection.
2. Disguised Packaging - Create sunscreen packaging that resembles everyday objects to increase appeal and usage.
3. Education and Awareness - Provide additional resources and information to promote sun care awareness and best practices.
1. Construction - Opportunity to offer specialized sun protection products for construction workers.
2. Retail - Develop innovative sunscreen packaging designs to attract consumers and enhance adoption.
3. Healthcare - Collaborate with skin cancer charities to educate and raise awareness about sun protection.