In the spirit of October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Costa Rica's leading sugar brand, Doña María, came up with a special edition sugar packaging design.
In order to raise awareness about the importance of getting yourself regularly checked out, and making contributions to support FUNDESO, the National Foundation for Solidarity Against Breast Cancer, this bag was designed. At a first glance, there doesn't seem to be much to the packaging, but half of the bag's normal design was stripped away to be representative of a woman who has had a mastectomy and lost one of her breasts due to cancer. The packaging design is simple and bold, with a stronger message than you might normally find in the aisles of a grocery store while shopping for sugar.
Dona Maria's Sugar Packaging Design Supports Breast Cancer Awareness
1. Breast Cancer Awareness Packaging - There is an opportunity for brands to create special edition packaging designs that raise awareness and support breast cancer causes.
2. Symbolic Packaging Design - Using visual symbolism in packaging design can create a powerful message and evoke emotion in consumers, supporting a cause or movement.
3. Socially Conscious Packaging - Packaging design that aligns with social causes can help brands connect with consumers on a deeper level, generating loyalty and positive brand image.
1. Food Packaging - Food brands can adopt emotionally impactful packaging designs to support important causes while also differentiating themselves in a crowded market.
2. Healthcare Awareness Campaigns - Health organizations and non-profits can collaborate with brands to create awareness campaigns through packaging design, amplifying their message and reaching a wider audience.
3. Cause Marketing - Brands across various industries can embrace cause marketing through purpose-driven packaging designs, attracting socially conscious consumers and driving sales.