Jeremy Ford, a winner of 'Top Chef,' opened up a new restaurant in partnership with the Grove Bay Hospitality Group in South Beach, Miami, which is called the 'Stubborn Seed.'
The obscure name comes from the chef's desire to always maintain a critical approach when it comes to food. He explained this to the New York Times by saying, "It's our stubborn approach to what we do and what we purchase." The menu takes inspiration from Miami's multiculturalism, with a highlight on South American, Asian, and European cuisines. The menu also focuses on high quality raw items, and small sharing plates.
In addition to ensuring that each ingredient that goes into the dishes is of the finest quality, Ford's attention to detail when it comes to plating really sets the Stubborn Seed apart. For example, the 'Jojo Tea-Cured Snapper' comes in a textured bowl, with a lime green liquid at the center of the plate, with colorful fish and vegetables surrounding it in a ring. As the restaurant only seats around 70 people, reservations can be competitive.
Image Credit: Stubborn Seed
Jeremy Ford's 'Stubborn Seed' is Located in South Beach, Miami
1. Multicultural Dining Experience - Restaurants offer menus inspired by different cultures, highlighting high-quality ingredients and unique plating for a memorable dining experience.
2. Small Plates Trend - Trend for sharing-sized plates or tapas-style menus provides diners the opportunity for variety and adventure, while maximizing the profitability of each dish.
3. Attention to Ingredients Quality - Chefs increasingly focus on sourcing high-quality and sustainable ingredients to provide responsible, healthy meals to diners.
1. Hospitality Industry - Hotels, restaurants and resorts are offering multicultural dining experiences to attract new customers seeking innovative and diverse gastronomical experiences.
2. Culinary Industry - Culinary schools and new chefs are exploring the value in creating unique and creative plates to win over customers and differentiate themselves in a crowded culinary marketplace.
3. Entrepreneurial Industry - Opportunities for starting innovative food delivery or meal kit companies providing multicultural meals for home cooking.