Indulgent side dishes are quickly becoming more popular with many QSR brands to offer consumers a premium option that could double as an entree, which is seeing new options like the Taco Bell Steak Firecracker Fries be introduced.
The limited-time menu item is being tested by the brand in Detroit, Michigan and starts off with an order of Nacho Fries that are then topped with marinated steak. The fries are then topped with nacho cheese sauce, red tortilla strips, cheddar cheese, sliced jalapeños, reduced fat sour cream and a new Firecracker sauce. This new sauce is reported to be made with a blend of spicy peppers to give the fries their distinct level of heat.
The Taco Bell Steak Firecracker Fries are priced at $3.49 and can also be ordered wrapped in a burrito as a handheld option.
Image Credit: Taco Bell
The Taco Bell Steak Firecracker Fries are Being Tested in Detroit
1. Premium Side Dishes - QSR brands can innovate by offering new indulgent side dishes that appeal to consumers as a premium, filling option that could double as an entree.
2. New Sauce Blends - Opportunities exist for food brands to create new, spicy sauce blends that give their menu items a distinct level of heat and differentiate them from competitors.
3. Handheld Menu Items - Fast food restaurants can create new handheld menu items by wrapping traditional menu items such as fries and steak in a burrito to offer a new dining experience for customers.
1. Fast Food - Fast food companies can create new menu items and innovations, such as premium side dishes, to appeal to younger demographics and increase revenue.
2. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage companies have opportunities to create new spicy sauce blends and capitalize on consumer interest in unique flavors and international cuisine.
3. Packaged Foods - With the rise of handheld menu items, packaged food companies could benefit from offering easy-to-make options that can be heated up and wrapped in a burrito to cater to busy consumers.