How often have you found yourself in a Starbucks lineup when you're in a hurry, and particularly when you're expected back at the office? Well, the global coffee chain has decided to save you from that experience––if you're a regular at the Fourteen Wall Street location in NYC.
This special 'Espresso Shot' Starbucks is just 538 square feet in size anyway, so good customer traffic flow is crucial. To solve all congestion and diffuse wait times for orders, mobile point-of-sale stations are set up through the wood-clad store. Helpful staff members remain on standby to assist on handheld devices. Once a cappuccino, latte or Americano has been rung through, the consumer will walk to the back of the café to find a barista already serving it up.
While many still consider that waiting in a Starbucks line may be worth it, there's so much more to love about this well-oiled location. It proves that grabbing a java in a snap is possible, and so is fitting out a historic downtown building to eco-friendly LEED standards.
The Starbucks Line is Eliminated with an Efficient Location in New York City
1. No-wait Coffee Shops - Opportunity to streamline customer flow and eliminate wait times in coffee shops using mobile point of sale stations and efficient customer service.
2. Efficient Location - Opportunity to optimize the layout and design of coffee shop locations to maximize customer flow and minimize wait times.
3. Eco-friendly LEED Standards - Opportunity to incorporate sustainable design and construction practices in historic buildings to create environmentally-friendly coffee shop spaces.
1. Coffee Shop Industry - Opportunity for coffee shop chains to implement no-wait strategies and optimize their location designs to enhance the customer experience.
2. Retail Industry - Opportunity for retailers to adopt mobile point of sale systems and efficient customer service models to reduce wait times and improve customer satisfaction.
3. Construction Industry - Opportunity for construction companies to specialize in renovating historic buildings to meet eco-friendly LEED standards for coffee shop spaces.