The Starbucks Espresso Journey by Nendo is conceptual pop-up shop in Tokyo that resembles a library.
Designed by Japanese studio Nendo, the shop works in the same way as a reference center in that you must pick up a book and take it to the checkout counter to order a drink. This one-of-a-kind space boasts floor to ceiling shelving on the curvaceous interior. The shelves are filled with books with color-coded covers that each represent a delicious caffeinated beverage to be served.
These books are mostly blank, but the cover displays descriptions about each desired drink that is to be exchanged for a book at the checkout counter. Once a coffee is obtained, a customized sleeve is provided by the barista to complete this conceptual cafe experience.
The Starbucks Espresso Journey by Nendo is a Pop-Up Marvel
1. Conceptual Retail Spaces - Creating retail spaces that go beyond traditional layouts and engage customers in new and unique ways.
2. Interactive Customer Experiences - Developing interactive experiences that encourage active participation and immerse customers in the brand.
3. Personalized Service - Offering customized experiences and products tailored to individual preferences and needs.
1. Hospitality - Incorporating innovative designs and experiences into cafes, restaurants, and hotels to attract and engage customers in new ways.
2. Retail - Exploring unconventional retail spaces that create memorable customer experiences, like library-resembling cafes, to differentiate from competitors.
3. Food and Beverage - Integrating unique concepts and personalized service into the food and beverage industry to enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty.