The Star Wars Disney Princess project is straight out of a geek's fantasy. The mastermind behind the depictions, Ralph Sevelius, might not necessarily be a geek, but his work certainly appeals to one. A commercial animator/Illustrator by day and pushfighter by night, as stated on his blog, this mashup is his first personal project of the new year. He writes, "I've been wanting to put my own spin on the Disney princesses and I've finally found a different direction for them that I haven't seen explored too much."
Thus far, the Star Wars Disney Princess project portrays The Little Mermaid and Rapunzel as Jedi knights while Snow White has been turned into a Sith. Who knew White could rival the Evil Queen with such...evilness?
The Star Wars Disney Princess Project Turns Them into Jedis and Siths
1. Sci-fi Princesses - The fusion of well-known princess characters with the Star Wars universe creates new opportunities for merchandise and storytelling that appeals to both sci-fi and Disney fans.
2. Disney Mashups - Combining beloved Disney characters with fan-favorite franchises like Star Wars taps into nostalgia while introducing new and innovative concepts.
3. Personal Projects - As more and more creatives produce personal projects and share them on social media platforms, the potential for new and marketable ideas increases.
1. Entertainment - Movies, TV shows, and theme parks can all benefit from new and innovative takes on classic characters that appeal to multiple audiences.
2. Consumer Goods - Toys, clothing, home decor, and other merchandise can be created around popular mashup concepts like the Star Wars Disney Princess project.
3. Art - Social media provides opportunities for artists to showcase their personal projects and gain a following, leading to potential partnerships or sales in the art industry.