Get excited Trekkie lovers, because in 2014, you'll be able to show your appreciation for the sci-fi series with more than just hilarious fan videos. Rubicon Group Holding, Paramount Recreation and CBS Consumer Products are set to open the Star Trek Resort that is sure to stun you in all the right ways.
The Star Trek Resort is essentially a theme park with more slogans and tributes to the show than a William Shatner documentary. The park is located in Aqaba, Jordan, and is part of an effort to smooth relations between Jordan and the United States. Who knows whether or not a theme park will achieve this feat, but at least Trekkie fans now have a place on earth they can really let their hair down.
The Star Trek Resort is Beaming in Twenty-Third Century Theme Parks
1. Sci-fi Themed Attractions - Opportunity for theme parks to create more elaborate and intentional sci-fi themed attractions that transform the experience for visitors.
2. Pop Culture Tourism - Increasingly, travelers are seeking out pop culture experiences as a part of their vacations, suggesting that the industry could find success by incorporating these interests into their offerings.
3. Fan Culture Monetization - There is a significant business opportunity in creating fan-centered experiences that can keep visitors engaged and returning to the parks to experience the latest and greatest in theme park attractions.
1. Amusement Parks - There is an opportunity for amusement parks to innovate and create new experiences that cater to niche interests, such as sci-fi fandom, and attract a bigger audience as a result.
2. Tourism - Companies can leverage fandoms and pop culture trends to attract visitors from around the world and provide them with unique and memorable experiences that make their trip unforgettable.
3. Entertainment - There is a significant business opportunity to explore the intersection of entertainment and tourism by creating spaces and attractions that allow visitors to experience their favorite movies and shows in new and exciting ways.