SpartanNash signed a partnership with DoorDash that will allow the company to provide on-demand grocery delivery from its first-party stores as well as a variety of logistic services to its list of SpartanNash partners. As part of this partnership, approximately 100 of SpartanNash's primary retail locations will be available for on-demand, instant delivery on DoorDash's platform. In addition to this, the long list of approximately 2,100 retail partners that SpartanNash has under its wing will gain access to DoorDash's services, however, these partners are not being forced to adopt the service.
In addition to DoorDash providing logistic solutions for SpartanNash, SpartanNash will become a provider of various pantry and household items for DoorDash's DashMart stores. This means the partnership serves as an omnichannel deal that provides mutual benefit to both parties involved.
SpartanNash believes that this partnership will allow it to better serve its existing customers while also reaching a wider variety of customers who will discover their stores through DoorDash's service.
Image Credit: SpartanNash
SpartanNash Partnered with DoorDash to Scale On-Demand Deliveries
1. Omnichannel Partnerships with Delivery Services - Companies can partner with delivery services to offer on-demand delivery from first-party stores and logistical services to partners for mutual benefit.
2. Mutually Beneficial Omnichannel Deals - Partnerships between companies can provide mutual benefits by allowing each to become providers of various products or services for the other's stores or platforms.
3. Expansion of Services to Retail Partners - Businesses can expand their services to retail partners by offering access to delivery services and other logistical solutions for their stores and customers.
1. Retail Industry - Retailers can integrate delivery services into their omnichannel strategy to better serve customers with on-demand delivery.
2. Logistics Industry - Delivery services can provide logistical solutions to retail partners to enhance their offering and increase their customer reach.
3. Food Industry - Food retailers and delivery services can partner to provide on-demand grocery delivery, pantry items, and household goods to customers.