A niche social enterprise incubator for women, Spark:Her by FYSE is currently calling on female social entrepreneurs to apply to the 2012 program in Beijing, China. 10 finalists will be selected in the new year to receive support in launching their own social enterprises.
Using the tagline, "We empower ambitious women not just to lead a social venture, but to change the world," the program is designed to support budding female social entrepreneurs who want to make a difference -- even if they are working, going to school, or looking after young children, as the incubator takes places during evenings and on weekends and provides in-house childcare.
As FYSE.org explains, "Spark:Her’s mission is to inspire, incubate and accelerate high-potential women social entrepreneurs."
The year-long Spark:Her incubator will include 10 weeks of training and networking in Beijing to prepare participants to launch their purpose-focused enterprises, followed by eight months of support through mentorship, coaching, workshops, and relationship-building with peers. They will learn about business planning, legal issues, sales, impact measurement, financial and operational management, and innovative marketing on a budget.
Spark:Her by FYSE Helps Women Social Entrepreneurs Launch
1. Female Social Entrepreneurs - Opportunity to support and empower women social entrepreneurs who want to make a difference.
2. Niche Social Enterprise Incubators - Increasing demand for incubators specifically designed for social enterprises.
3. Flexible and Accessible Programs - Catering to women who are working, going to school, or looking after young children, by providing evening and weekend programs with in-house childcare.
1. Social Enterprise - Opportunity for incubators to support and accelerate the growth of purpose-driven social enterprises.
2. Education and Training - Demand for training and networking programs that equip entrepreneurs with the necessary skills for launching and managing social enterprises.
3. Childcare Services - Opportunity for childcare services to partner with incubators to provide in-house childcare for entrepreneurs with young children.