Working in an open-concept or shared office space leaves ample opportunities for noise pollution to break your concentration, so the 'Sound Scene' sound speakers are intended to be a technology to combat this. Virtually all speaker systems are designed to fill a space with music and provide an experience that's as enveloping as possible. This, however, means that everyone within earshot will be able to hear the music sound waves quite directly.
The 'Sound Scene' speaker -- designed by Dutch Designer Sanne Gelissen -- works by using a reflective bowl that directs the sound in a single direction. This enables the sound speakers to provide the perfect level of sound for those within a short range, but that would be inaudible to those nearby.
The 'Sound Scene' Speaker Focuses Sound Waves in One Direction Only
1. Directional Sound Speakers - Companies can explore how to incorporate directional sound technology into their products to address noise pollution in open workspaces.
2. Customizable Sound Experiences - With the ability to direct sound in a single direction comes the opportunity for individualized sound experiences that cater to the listeners' preferences and needs.
3. Innovation in Sound Design - The Sound Scene speaker demonstrates the potential for rethinking the basics of speaker design, offering opportunities to create more efficient, effective, and personalized sound experiences.
1. Office Furniture and Design - Office furniture designers can incorporate directional sound technology into their products to add an extra layer of noise reduction to their designs.
2. Home Audio Systems - Home audio system designers can explore using directional sound technology in their systems to create more focused and individualized sound experiences for users.
3. Mobile Device Manufacturers - Mobile device manufacturers can explore how directional sound technology can improve the audio experiences of their products, especially in noisy environments.