Sony’s next release is the ‘Sonos Ray,’ a budget soundbar that will go on sale in the upcoming weeks. The ‘Ray’ is expected to cost $249 as the cheapest soundbar from Sonos yet and will serve as an entry-level option beneath Sony’s pricier models.
Sony omitted perks like built-in mics, Dolby Atmos, and HDMI connectivity to make the soundbar cost-efficient. It also has fewer speakers than the previous Sony soundbar models. As an alternative option, consumers are able to use two ‘Rays’ as rear surround speakers.
The ‘Sonos Ray’ supports ‘Dolby Digital’ audio and is expandable to a 5.1 setup when paired with other ‘Sonos’ speakers.
Image Credit: Ktronix
Sony Announced the Release of the 'Sonos Ray' in the Coming Weeks
1. Budget Soundbars - There is an opportunity to disrupt the soundbar industry by creating more budget-friendly options.
2. Multi-functional Speakers - There is a trend towards creating multi-functional speakers, with the 'Sonos Ray' offering the option of using two as rear surround speakers.
3. Expandable Audio Systems - Audio systems that can be easily expanded, such as the 'Sonos Ray' which can be paired with other 'Sonos' speakers to create a 5.1 setup, are becoming more popular.
1. Consumer Electronics - Consumer electronics companies, particularly those specializing in audio systems, will benefit from creating more affordable options for consumers.
2. Home Entertainment - The home entertainment industry can incorporate budget soundbars like the 'Sonos Ray' into their offerings to improve the accessibility of high-quality audio.
3. Smart Home Technology - The trend towards expandable audio systems, like the 'Sonos Ray', presents an opportunity for smart home technology companies to incorporate these products into their ecosystems.