This new Somersby Cider ad should appear somewhat familiar to anyone who has waited in line at the Apple store on an iPhone launch day.
In a frankly brilliant parody of the mayhem and chaos that overtakes people when there's a new Apple product released, the Somersby Cider ad creates a fake Somersby store, laid out just like you'd see an Apple store. The alcoholic apple cider beverage is displayed prominently and by itself in glasses. In a beautiful irony, the commercial also depicts customers browsing actual apples in the store, going so far as to differentiate single core versus dual core, which is just one apple or two when referring to the cider. In case you were wondering, the Somersby Cider is indeed wireless as well.
The Somersby Cider ad is a great example of inter branding homages with a sweet natured twist.
This Ad for Somersby Cider Takes Unsubtle Shots at Apple Product Launches
1. Parody Ads - Opportunity for brands to create parody ads that humorously mimic popular product launches and generate buzz.
2. Inter-branding Homages - Utilizing the branding and style of one brand to create a playful homage to another brand, fostering engagement and connection with consumers.
3. Satirical Marketing - Using satire and humor in marketing campaigns to poke fun at industry trends and create entertainment value for consumers.
1. Alcohol Beverage - Alcoholic beverage companies can use parody ads to differentiate their products and build a distinctive brand image in a competitive market.
2. Technology - Tech companies can explore inter-branding homages to leverage the popularity of established brands and create unique promotional campaigns.
3. Entertainment - Entertainment brands can embrace satirical marketing to create viral content that resonates with their target audience and drives engagement.