The Somabar is a nifty robotic bartending machine that whips up fancy craft cocktails at the simply push of a button so you can focus on drinking cocktails rather than crafting them.
The contraption includes three pods plugged in on either side of the machine. These pods store liqueurs, bitters and other ingredients. The Somabar comes with a companion app which acts as your control panel of sorts. The Somabar's developers say it only takes about five seconds between pushing a button in the app and getting your delicious cocktail.
The developers of the Somabar are currently running a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for its production. A pledge of $399 will get you set up with a unit if the campaign hits its fundraising target, with shipping slated for July 2015. The Somabar will be available in blue, red, orange and grey.
The Somabar Whips Up Fancy Cocktails So You Don't Have To
1. Robotic Bartending - Robotic bartending machines like the Somabar offer a disruptive innovation opportunity for the hospitality industry to automate and streamline drink preparation.
2. Smart Control Apps - Companion apps, like the one for the Somabar, present an opportunity for developers to create innovative control panels that enhance user experience with robotic devices.
3. Automated Mixology - The development of the Somabar showcases the potential for automated mixology, presenting a compelling opportunity for companies to leverage robotics and AI in the beverage industry.
1. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can embrace robotic bartending machines like the Somabar to improve efficiency, reduce labor costs, and enhance customer experience.
2. Software Development - Software developers can seize the opportunity of creating advanced control apps for robotic devices, as seen with Somabar, to provide intuitive interfaces and unique features.
3. Beverage - Beverage companies and entrepreneurs can explore the potential of automated mixology offered by robotic bartending machines to create innovative, customizable, and automated drink solutions.