Originally founded in 1976 as part of the Citizen Watch Co., Japanese watchmaker Q & Q continues to come up with bright ideas, as proven by its line of SmileSolar solar-powered watches. The quirky wristwatches are available in mismatched, multi-color designs that are durable and made from recycled materials.
Since the face of a watch is means to be worn on your outer wrist, on the side that gets the most sun, this design takes advantage of that, using the power of the sun to help you tell time. Due to this, the watch is extremely low-maintenance, and requires no winding or battery replacements. To make the SmileSolar watches even more irresistible, Q & Q donates a portion of the money earned from watch sales to Table for Two, an organization that feeds school kids in Asia and Africa.
Q & Q's Solar-Powered Watch Tells Time Thanks to the Sun
1. Solar-powered Watches - Embracing solar power to eliminate the need for battery replacements and redefine traditional timekeeping.
2. Eco-friendly Watches - Using recycled materials to create durable and sustainable wristwatches.
3. Socially-conscious Consumerism - Supporting charitable endeavors through watch sales to make a positive impact on global hunger.
1. Watchmaking - Exploring new energy sources and environmentally-friendly materials for innovative timepiece designs.
2. Renewable Energy - Integrating solar power technology into various consumer products, such as watches.
3. Philanthropy - Collaborating with nonprofit organizations to create mutually beneficial giving initiatives through product sales.