Swagtron is perhaps best known for its range of electric scooters, ebikes and hoverboards, but its Snowtide smart helmet instead focuses on skiers and snowboarders. Equipped with built-in Bluetooth audio, the Snowtide smart helmet allows the wearer to stream music and podcasts, while also receiving calls. The helmet also adds another layer of communication with a push-to-talk option, essentially a walkie-talkie with unlimited range.
The Snowtide helmet also contains a dedicated safety feature designed to keep riders secure on the slopes. Included in the helmet is a smart SOS system that can automatically detect an abrupt fall or impact. Once a substantial impact is detected, the system will send texts and email alerts to the rider's emergency contact, notifying them an accident has occurred. These contacts are easily managed through the Snowtide mobile app.
The Snowtide Smart Helmet Notifies Contacts of a Rider's Well-Being
1. Smart Safety Gear - The trend of integrating intelligent features into helmets and other protective gear will change the safety industry.
2. Wireless Communication - The trend towards integrating wireless communication in helmets will create opportunities for audio and communication technology in outdoor sports.
3. Impact Detection Systems - The trend for impact detection systems in helmets will encourage more innovations in safety equipment for various outdoor activities.
1. Outdoor Sports - The outdoor sports industry will see a surge in demand for technology-integrated safety equipment.
2. Communication Technology - The communication technology industry will see new revenue opportunities in wireless and hands-free audio devices for outdoor activities.
3. Safety Equipment Manufacturing - The safety equipment manufacturing industry will see new innovations in safety gear with the integration of impact detection sensors and communication technology.