Every one and a half seconds, a pair of shoes is purchased on eBay—and as one of the world's best destinations for sneakers, eBay is launching its first-ever community sneaker drop.
eBay is inviting sneaker enthusiasts to list the pairs they covet the most and enjoy a curated collection of shoes, including a mix of both rare and popular new styles. eBay is also promising exclusive prices on select styles and free shipping on all products from brands like adidas and Stadium Goods. With the community drop, sneakerheads will be able to refresh their collection by adding or selling goods—as eBay notes, the average selling price for popular sneaker styles on its marketplace is over $220.
To kick off the sneaker drop, eBay is also launching a custom in-store installation in collaboration with a streetwear artist at Stadium Goods' location in SoHo.
eBay is Launching Its First-Ever Community Sneaker Drop
1. Community Sneaker Drops - Online marketplaces can take inspiration from eBay's first-ever community sneaker drop, which allows enthusiasts to list rare or popular styles for purchase or sale.
2. Curated Sneaker Collections - Other e-commerce retailers can follow eBay's lead in offering curated collections of both rare and popular new sneaker styles.
3. Exclusive Deals on Sneakers - Brands and retailers can explore offering exclusive prices and deals on select sneaker styles to incentivize purchasing on their platforms.
1. Online Marketplaces - Online marketplaces, particularly those that specialize in fashion and apparel, can look to incorporate community-driven events and curated collections to boost customer engagement and sales.
2. E-commerce Retailers - E-commerce companies that sell sneakers can differentiate themselves by offering a more personalized, curated shopping experience for customers.
3. Athletic Shoe Brands - Athletic shoe brands can experiment with offering exclusive deals and limited-edition drops to create buzz and drive sales for new or popular styles.