The launch of the chocolate peanut butter Reese's Spread was set to give Nutella competition, but consumer research indicated that value-conscious shoppers were not going out of their way to choose it over the most popular chocolate nut spread—enter Snacksters.
Hershey's Snacksters are portable packs that contain a number of graham cookie sticks, as well as a generous amount of the new Reese's Spread, the perfect amount for sampling and falling in love with the product.
Aside from packaging, other marketing and branding efforts for the Reese's Spread include calling it a "snack transformer," for its ability to flavor fruit and pretzels. The brand also set up talking vending machines that enticed consumers to sample the spread with an oversized spoon.
Hershey's Snacksters Combine Cookie Sticks with a Chocolate Dip
1. Portable Snack Packaging - Opportunity to create innovative packaging designs that enhance convenience and portability of snack products.
2. Functional Food Marketing - Potential to promote food products as versatile additions to various snacks and meals, attracting consumers looking for unique flavor experiences.
3. Interactive Sampling Experiences - Chance to engage consumers with interactive vending machines or other experiential marketing strategies to increase product trial and brand awareness.
1. Snack Packaging - Opportunity for businesses to develop specialized packaging solutions that cater to the growing demand for convenience in the snack industry.
2. Food Marketing - Prospects for companies to explore innovative marketing tactics that highlight the multi-functional and unique attributes of their food products.
3. Experiential Marketing - Potential for brands to create interactive and immersive experiences that allow consumers to directly engage with products, fostering brand loyalty and increasing sales.