To the delight of cereal lovers everywhere, Kellogg's recently announced that it's bringing back its fan-favorite Smorz Cereal in January 2021.
After a two-years long hiatus, consumers old and young alike will once again be able to get their hands on a big box of Smorz Cereal. The crunchy treat consists of graham cereal squares wrapped in a rich, chocolate coating, and handfuls of mini marshmallows. The cereal is making its return as a result of a Change.org petition from superfans and many social media pleas from dedicated cereal lovers.
You'll be able to find Kellogg's Smorz Cereal in retailers nationwide in both 9.8-ounce boxes and 15.6-ounce boxes this coming January. The s'mores-flavored cereal will also be available from online retailers as well.
Image Credit: Kellogg's
Kellogg's is Bringing Back Its Smorz Cereal in January 2021
1. S'mores Breakfast Cereal Trend - Kellogg's bringing back Smorz cereal suggests that there is a trend towards s'mores flavored breakfast cereals that could be utilized by other companies in the industry.
2. Consumer-driven Product Revival Trend - The revival of Smorz cereal may signify a trend towards consumer-driven product revivals in the food industry, as seen through the Change.org petition and social media pleas from dedicated cereal lovers.
3. Alternative Cereal Flavor Trend - The success of s'mores flavored cereal suggests that there is a trend towards creating unique and alternative cereal flavors that could be monetized by companies in the industry.
1. Breakfast Cereal Industry - The revival of Smorz cereal and the trend towards alternative flavors presents an opportunity for companies in the breakfast cereal industry to create new and interesting flavors to attract customers.
2. Food Industry - The consumer-driven revival of Smorz cereal presents an opportunity for companies in the food industry to pay attention to consumer demands and utilize social media as a tool for product revivals and launches.
3. Online Retail Industry - The availability of Smorz cereal from online retailers highlights the importance of an online presence for companies in the retail industry, particularly in the food and beverage sector.