The Stockyards Small Batch Distilling Company, based in Toronto, Ontario, enlisted the creative agency Strano and Pettigrew Design Associates to create the branding for its small-batch alcohols.
The company describes itself as representing "the future of hand crafted, small batch spirits" and aims to only offer "organic, local and single estate ingredients" in its products' formulations. While most alcohol bottles are transparent glass, these particular small batch alcohols are offered in opaque bottles that allow them to stand out on the shelves. The brand offers Premium Canadian Gin and Premium Canadian Vodka, and each bottle is personally numbered so that consumers are aware of their small batch and high-quality nature.
These small batch alcohols are able to differentiate themselves from competitors with a distinct design.
Stockyards Gin and Vodka is Portrayed as Luxurious and Homely
1. Opaque Alcohol Packaging - Utilizing unique, opaque packaging for alcohol products to set them apart visually from traditional transparent glass bottles.
2. Small-batch Distilling - The practice of small-batch distilling using locally-sourced, organic, and single estate ingredients for a more handcrafted and exclusive product.
3. Numbered Bottles for Limited Edition Products - Including personalized numbering on alcohol bottles to emphasize their small-batch and high-quality nature while also creating a sense of exclusivity.
1. Alcohol - Alcohol industry professionals can offer unique products to consumers by focusing on small-batch distilling, utilizing opaque packaging, and promoting limited edition products.
2. Packaging - Packaging industry professionals can explore the idea of using unusual and opaque packaging for various products to help them stand out on shelves and differentiate themselves from competitors.
3. Design - Design industry professionals can help businesses create unique and memorable packaging designs, like personalized numbered bottles, to enhance the overall branding of their products.