Fitbit will become an integral part of a Singapore public health initiative, as the company has partnered with the Singapore Public Health Promotion Board in order to get residents to use the fitness-tracking devices. Residents who would like to join the program will receive a free Inspire HR tracker if they agree to a year of Fitbit Premium health coaching and share the data with the Public Health Promotion Board. The goal of the program is to promote health amongst the Singapore population and provide the health board with relevant data.
Singapore residents are able to sign up for the program beginning in September, and the program will begin near the end of October.
Fitbits Will Be Used in a Singapore Public Health Initiative
1. Wearable Tech in Public Health - The integration of fitness trackers such as Fitbit in public health initiatives presents an opportunity for companies to develop specialized health programs.
2. Fitbit Premium Health Coaching - As Fitbit partners with public health boards to promote usage of their devices, there is an opportunity for the development of specialized health coaching programs.
3. Data Sharing in Public Health Initiatives - Data-sharing initiatives between public health boards and private companies can incentivize residents to use wearable tech while simultaneously generating relevant data for health research.
1. Health and Fitness - There is an opportunity for health and fitness companies to develop specialized health programs that integrate Fitbit devices in conjunction with public health boards.
2. Wearable Tech - Wearable tech companies working in conjunction with public health boards can develop data-sharing initiatives that allow for the collection of relevant health data.
3. Public Health - Public health boards partnering with private companies like Fitbit can incentivize residents to use wearable tech for health tracking purposes and generate relevant data for research.