Capturing a sense of eerie desertion, 'Silent World' by Lucie and Simon is the Paris-based couple's newest collection of evocative photographs. Through the portrayal of high-traffic urban metropolises deprived of the constant crowd of people that inhabit them, Silent World by Lucie and Simone envisions a planet bereft of its inhabitants; the only evidence of human life exists in the odd strangler and the architecture left behind.
Opposite to the effect of portraying natural landscapes which appear serene and tranquil when unoccupied, this environment comes across as foreboding in the absence of people. What may have once been a luscious forest or rolling planes has now become a concrete jungle, and without the creators to inhabit that space, this world appears barren and deprived of life. Silent World by Lucie and Simon depicts that the natural habitat oh humanity is the one it has imposed upon itself.
'Silent World' by Lucie and Simon Depicts the True Human Habitat
1. Urban Desertion Photography - The trend of capturing high-traffic urban metropolises devoid of people presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the field of photography, creating eerie and evocative images.
2. Exploring Abandoned Architecture - The trend of showcasing abandoned architecture highlights the potential for disruptive innovation in urban exploration, architecture restoration, and historical preservation.
3. Empty Spaces as Artistic Expression - The trend of using empty spaces as a medium for artistic expression opens up opportunities for disruptive innovation in the art world, pushing boundaries and challenging traditional concepts.
1. Photography - The photography industry can capitalize on the trend of urban desertion photography by exploring new techniques and concepts to capture stunning and thought-provoking images.
2. Urban Exploration - The trend of exploring abandoned architecture presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the field of urban exploration, creating immersive experiences and preserving historical spaces.
3. Art and Design - The art and design industry can embrace the trend of using empty spaces as artistic expression by encouraging artists to experiment and create unconventional artworks, pushing the boundaries of creativity.