The Shu Uemura x Super Mario cosmetics collaboration has been announced by an interview with Shu Uemura's creative director Kakuyasu Uchiide.
This nostalgic cosmetics collection will be available just in time for the holiday season and will feature exclusive packaging and products with a Super Mario theme. In an interview with WWD, Uchiide discussed the brands intention behind the collection. "This collection is not so much about creating, but it is about playing...I want people to be able to play with their individual style."
One of the stand-out pieces in the Shu Uemura x Super Mario line is the double-ended eyeliner pen. One end features a jet black felt tipped eyeliner pen and the other end is a 'Super Star' stamp to finish any look with a playful beauty mark.
The Shu Uemura x Super Mario Collection is Focused on Playtime
1. Nostalgic Cosmetics Collaborations - The Shu Uemura x Super Mario collection taps into nostalgia to create unique cosmetics collaborations.
2. Holiday Themed Cosmetics Collections - The Shu Uemura x Super Mario collection capitalizes on the holiday season by offering exclusive packaging and products.
3. Interactive Makeup Products - The double-ended eyeliner pen in the Shu Uemura x Super Mario collection demonstrates the potential of interactive makeup products.
1. Cosmetics - The cosmetics industry can explore collaborations with iconic video game franchises to create unique and nostalgic collections.
2. Fashion - The fashion industry can seek partnerships with video game companies to develop themed collections that combine beauty and apparel.
3. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can collaborate with beauty brands to create makeup lines inspired by popular characters and franchises.