Shepard Fairey is at it again--the street artist behind the infamous Obama ‘Hope’ poster has created another iconic print in honor of the president-to-be just in time for Inauguration Day.
Shepard Fairey’s new Obama poster, with the caption ‘Be the Change,’ is the official poster of Inauguration Day. A bevy of memorabilia with Fairey’s new work is currently being sold on the Inauguration Day website. There are even signed and numbered prints for sale, with all proceeds to go towards Inaugural funding.
Shepard Fairey Releases Next Iconic Obama Poster for 2009
1. Political Street Art - The creation and sale of political street art as limited edition memorabilia offers potential disruptive innovation opportunities for art, politics, and collectibles industries.
2. Crowdfunding for Political Events - Using proceeds from sales of limited edition prints to fund political events offers potential disruptive innovation opportunities for crowdfunding and politics industries.
3. Art as Political Statement - The popularity and controversy of Shepard Fairey's political street art offers potential disruptive innovation opportunities for the art and politics industries to explore how art can be used to express political views.
1. Art - The increasing popularity of political street art offers disruptive innovation opportunities for the art industry by tapping into a new market and exploring the boundaries of what constitutes art.
2. Politics - The use of limited edition political street art as a means of raising funds offers disruptive innovation opportunities for the politics industry to explore alternative fundraising methods.
3. Collectibles - The limited edition sales and memorabilia associated with political street art offer disruptive innovation opportunities for the collectibles industry to expand its offerings beyond sports and entertainment.