To amp up the release of Sharknado 2, Syfy will also be launching a Sharknado video game at the same time. So if you actually just cannot get enough of the ridiculous disaster movie, this will be extremely good news.
The premise of the game is that you are a runner being pitted against various shark-infested tornados loose in New York City. Players can bounce off a variety of shark species and will be equipped with a broadsword. You even have the ability to launch yourself into the very heart of the shark tornado armed with a chain saw, just like the first movie. Similarly, its essence will also be over-the-top "yet oddly sincere."
The Sharknado video game is being developed by Other Ocean and published by Majesco Entertainment.
The Sharknado Video Game Will Be Released to Coincide with Sharknado 2
1. Shark-based Gaming - Opportunity for gaming companies to create more shark-based games, catering to the demand for this genre.
2. Movie-based Games - Opportunity for businesses to capitalize on the release of new movies by creating gaming tie-ins.
3. Over-the-top Gaming - Opportunity for gaming companies to develop games that intentionally push boundaries, catering to a niche audience.
1. Gaming - Opportunity for gaming companies to develop tie-ins for popular movies and cater to niche audiences with over-the-top games.
2. Entertainment - Opportunity for entertainment companies to create cross-platform marketing campaigns that include both movies and their gaming tie-ins.
3. Movie Productions - Opportunity for movie producers to increase brand awareness and engage audiences in multiple ways through gaming tie-ins.