The Spring/Summer 2018 Playboy and Joyrich collaboration mixes athlete jerseys with shiny sequin designs. The capsule highlights dazzling tracksuits, bejeweled jackets, soft satin hoodies and other sporty silhouettes, boasting sizable graphics of the iconic Playboy Bunny logo.
The overall vibe of the clothing ensembles, the photographic representation of youth culture, the sequin designs elements, as well as the ambiance and background of the photographs, suggest that Playboy and Joyrich were aiming for a classic 70s disco revival. Combining the status of the glamorous Playboy lifestyle with the athletic spontaneity and youthful streetwear culture of Joyrich, the two brand giants are able to bring together, in their fourth collaboration to date, the inevitably wild years of 70s disco with the contemporary and nostalgia-infused vibe of today's streetwear fashion.
Photo Credits: Samuel Alemayhu
The Playboy and Joyrich Collab is Abundant with Shiny Sequin Designs
1. 70s Disco Revival - Opportunity for fashion brands to create retro-inspired collections that blend nostalgia with contemporary streetwear.
2. Sequin Designs - Potential for fashion designers to incorporate sequins into sporty silhouettes for a flashy and eye-catching look.
3. Youth Culture Representation - Chance for brands to target the youth market by showcasing their products through the lens of youth culture and lifestyle.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can capitalize on the disco revival trend by creating collections that tap into the nostalgia of the 70s disco era.
2. Streetwear - Streetwear brands can explore incorporating sequin designs into their sporty silhouettes to create unique and attention-grabbing pieces.
3. Photography - Photographers can capture the essence of youth culture and streetwear fashion through creative and impactful visuals.