Apple may have its new smartwatch, but Acer is looking to take wearable tech in a completely new direction with its Selfie-Hat.
Partnering with fashion designer Christian Cowan-Sanluis, the Selfie-Hat was unveiled on September 12th during London Fashion Week. Acer's collaboration with the fashion designer is meant as a way to bring attention to the release of its new Acer Iconia A-1 840 tablet. The sparkly pink sombrero houses the Iconia A-1 840 tablet in a case that is dangling from the brim of the hat, allowing the wearer to take 360-degree selfies. Acer even had the selfie-hat turned into a tablet case so you can accessorize.
Unfortunately if you want to try on the Acer Selfie-Hat for yourself, you can only do so at London Fashion Week and by appointment only.
Dress to Impress with the Acer Selfie-Hat
1. Wearable Technology Fashion - There is an opportunity for fashion designers to collaborate with tech companies to create wearable technology for their collections, capturing a growing interest in fashion-forward wearables.
2. 360-degree Imaging - Developing 360-degree imaging technology further could lead to advancements in virtual reality, social media, and fashion marketing to name a few possibilities.
3. Accessory Technology - As technology continues to be incorporated into everyday items, there is an opportunity for tech companies to partner with fashion and accessory designers to create functional, stylish, and innovative items with added value.
1. Fashion - Fashion designers can incorporate technology into their designs to create unique and innovative collections that cater to tech-savvy consumers.
2. Technology - Tech companies can partner with fashion designers and industry experts to create wearable technology that is both functional and fashionable, revolutionizing the industry.
3. Marketing - As the marketing industry continues to look for new and creative ways to engage audiences, incorporating wearable technology into promotional events and campaigns could provide an innovative solution.