Acer unveiled the 'Chromebook Tab 510,' an entry-level tablet targeted at creative hobbyists and professionals. The tablet features a 10.1-inch screen and a chassis that is nearly a half-inch thick. This means the tablet is much heavier than its primary competitors. However, this added weight allows the tablet to include a rugged design and larger components.
The Chromebook Tab 510 includes a Snapdragon 7c chipset, 64GB of onboard storage that is expandable via an SD card slot, and a built-in 5-megapixel webcam. The Tab 510 is also suited for creative professionals and hobbyists as it includes 4GB of RAM and a built-in LTE connection, meaning it is capable of running photo creation tools while on the go.
Acer's Chromebook Tab 510 is a certified rugged device that complies with MIL-STD-810H durability standards. This means the device is modestly weather and impact resistant. The tablet can be purchased online from Acer's website, as well as from participating technology retailers, at an MSRP of $399 USD.
Image Credit: Acer
The Acer Chromebook Tab 510 Has Built-in LTE and a 1200p Display
1. Entry-level Creative Tablets - Acer's 'Chromebook Tab 510' provides a cost-effective solution for creative professionals on the go.
2. Built-in LTE - Tablets like the Acer 'Chromebook Tab 510' with built-in LTE cater to professionals who require an internet connection on the go.
3. Rugged Design - The Acer 'Chromebook Tab 510' provides a durable and rugged solution for creative professionals who work in harsh environments.
1. Technology - The technology industry could benefit from creating more cost-effective, creative tablets for professionals and hobbyists.
2. Mobile Devices - Mobile device manufacturers could consider incorporating built-in LTE capabilities to cater to professionals who require internet connectivity on the go.
3. Photography and Design - The photography and design industry could explore using rugged tablets like the Acer 'Chromebook Tab 510' for outdoor shoots and harsh environments.