Artists Shimon and Tammar gave ordinary fruits and vegetables a hand for the 'Food Selfie' series, showing what it might be like if grocery store produce could snap a selfie photo along with the rest of the world.
For the series, colorful fruits and veggies like oranges, broccoli and artichokes take to the streets to prove that they're packed with personality as well as flavor. In the selfie photos, a variety of store produce interacts with animals, people and other objects, and if they could speak, their thought bubbles capture what they might be saying in each situation, or what fun captions they might use to inform their fans and followers of their wild adventures.
Fruits and Vegetables Jump on the Selfie Photo Bandwagon
1. Augmented Reality Selfies - Opportunity to develop augmented reality apps that allow users to take selfies with animated fruits and vegetables.
2. Personalized Food Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity to create personalized marketing campaigns that incorporate fruits and vegetables as relatable characters.
3. Food and Social Media Integration - Potential for integrating food-related content with popular social media platforms to encourage user-generated content and engagement.
1. Food and Beverage - Opportunity for food and beverage companies to leverage the trend by creating interactive and engaging campaigns featuring produce characters.
2. Mobile App Development - Industry poised to benefit from creating innovative augmented reality selfie apps for users to interact with animated fruits and vegetables.
3. Advertising and Marketing - Sector could tap into the trend by designing personalized marketing strategies that incorporate fruits and vegetables as relatable brand ambassadors.